The IWSS facilitates cutting edge research, and educates and empowers people so that they can be informed and inspired to reach their goals and improve their lives and the lives of others.
- To facilitate discoveries that address contemporary water quality, quantity, management and use problems.
- To strengthen West Virginia’s water security, and environmental, economic, social and cultural well-being.
- To broaden West Virginia University’s water stewardship impact and prominence nationally and globally
- To empower people so that they can be informed and inspired to reach their goals and improve their lives and the lives of others.
As a research, educational and outreach organization the Institute holds these values:
- Cross-disciplinary practices and outlook
- Cutting edge research
- Scientific and technical excellence
- Education and outreach that supports individual empowerment
- Service to the University, state, and society
- Diversity and inclusion in membership, partnership, and collaboration
- Full transparency in operations and decision-making
Where We Are
The Institute's offices are located in the Davis College of Agriculture, Natural Resources and Design Agricultural Sciences Building on WVU’s Evansdale Campus.
WVU Institute of Water Security and Science
3109 Agricultural Sciences Building
Morgantown, WV 26506-6108