Drinking Water Testing Program
The goal of the Institute of Water Security and Science (IWSS) and Interdisciplinary Hydrology Laboratory (IHL) Drinking Water Testing Program is to support the development of a drinking water testing and community outreach initiative that includes free drinking water testing and public outreach regarding the importance of drinking water quality testing for human well-being and security. Workshop participants gain knowledge about the importance of safe drinking water and receive a free drinking water test kit, along with the support required to interpret results.
We are excited to work with, and appreciate the generous support of the Equitrans Midstream Foundation. Special thanks are also extended to the WVU Extension Service for their help in planning the local workshops.
- Drinking Water Watch (WV DHHR)
- Home Water Treatment (Northeast Regional Agricultural Engineering Service)
- Individual Water Supplies (WV DHHR)
- Inspecting Water Supplies (WVU Extension Service)
- Primary Drinking Water Regulations (US EPA)
- Private Water Well Owners - What to Do Before Drilling the Well (WV DHHR)
- The Private Well Class (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign)
- Water Justice Toolkit (American Rivers)
- West Virginia Boil Water Notices (WV Environmental Health Services)
- West Virginia Environmental Engineering Division Homepage (WV DHHR)